Training for my Second Marathon ... I must be nuts.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trying to get into a Groove

I haven't done a good job keeping up on my progress over the past few weeks. I haven't quite kept up on my goal to run 3 times a week yet. By that I mean I haven't done it at all yet. I have run twice a week (up until this past week, but that was a special circumstance), and I'm starting to feel a little better about my running. Unfortunately with the colder weather I have been stuck running on the treadmill the past few weeks. It seems however, that the few times I have run outside I have been unable to run faster than a 9:15 minute mile pace. Here has been the breakdown since the last time I posted:

Distance   Pace    Time (min)
4 mi         9:15     37
4 mi         9:30     38
4 mi         10:00   40
3 mi         8:55     26:47
4 mi         8:56     35:44

The first 2 times are outside times and the last 3 are inside times. That 40 minute time for the 4 miler is not accurate. I had some issues with the treadmill becomig unplugged during the run and thereby erasing my time. So I guesstimated about how long it took. It'll be nice to be running outside again as long as the weather cooperates so I can settle into a groove. I think its finally started warming up, but now that its April I have the rain to contend with. The forecast for the week is rain just about every day. Anyone got a pancho? Gotta Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment