Training for my Second Marathon ... I must be nuts.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back on Track

I'm getting caught back up here in more ways than one. I missed posting last week so now you get 2 posts from me today. Also, while I'm not yet caught up to where I should be in my training I made a good step today in getting back on track. Over the past 2 months now I have been trying to run 10+ miles on my Saturday runs, but have been unable to do so. Today was different. It started earlier this week. Though I wanted to run 6 miles Monday I only had time for a little over 3. Then on Wednesday I was able to run 6 miles and I felt really good about today. It helped that a buddy of mine (who is training with me, though we have never trained together) offered to come down and run a 9-10 miler with me today. While I am used to getting up early during the week to run, my body didn't want to get out of bed today (I have to apologize to my wife and she was the one who woke up to my alarm and in turn woke me up. Sorry about that). Even with my sluggish start to the day we still managed to get out there and run. The first 6 miles were pretty good and as always there is the wall. Luckily the wall wasn't as solid as it could have been so I was able to push through it. I was able to run over 10 miles today. It felt really good (not during the run and especially not at mile 9, but when it was over) and I'm glad I had a buddy to run with as we (well he did and I hope I did for him) encouraged each other to keep going. Thanks ... buddy.

Now that the 10 miler is out of the way, next week is 11 or maybe 12. It's nice that the run is out of the way today so I'm not thinking about it for the rest of the day. Though I already took a cat nap of 10 minutes today, I do feel pretty good. My calves are a little sore, but nothing too bad. Until next week, gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment