Training for my Second Marathon ... I must be nuts.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Feelings the Day Before

Well, this might be weird, but i have already completed the marathon, but before I go into that I want to explain my feelings the day before and what was going on with me, then my next post will be all about the marathon.

(Friday October 29, 2010) - I am excited to get this over with. I wish it was over that way I'd be done. Most weeks feel like they zoom by real fast, but this week has dragged on as if time has started to tick backwards. This is probably due to the fact that I'm sick. This past weekend I've had a sore throat, but nothing too serious. Then Tuesday in the evening I started feeling warm in the head and chilly all over the rest of my body. I tried to ignore the symptoms, but ignoring them doesn't mean they go away. I took some medicine that night, and woke up with the fever gone, but in its place was sinus pressure and a cough. Not exactly what I wanted to deal with the week of the marathon. I shouldn't be too surprised as it seems like everything has been thrown at me to keep me from completing this goal.

Over the next few days the pressure didn't improve and the cough got worse so I had to use Sudafed to relieve the pressure and cough medicine to keep me from coughing up a lung. I'm a little concerned about how I will do tomorrow for the marathon with this. I was expecting all of this to be out of my system by now, but I was mistaken ... again. So we'll see what happens tomorrow morning. I plan on waking up tomorrow at 5am, eating some oatmeal to get something in my belly, go back to bed, get up at 6am, get ready, stretch, help get the girls ready to go and then leave the house at 6:35-6:40. Then I will eat a banana in the car and down a gel 15 minutes before the race.

Something fun we did was drive around the course after picking up my packet of stuff (bib, tracking chip and other stuff) to find the best places for my wife and family to stand and see me and my buddy pass by. It was nice to see the course before the race, but it also showed me how long it is going to take. Yikes. I think we got some good spots so we'll see what happens tomorrow. The next time I type I will be a marathon runner. Gotta Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment