Training for my Second Marathon ... I must be nuts.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Keeping on Track ... Sort of

After a fun 10K run I was feeling good and on track with my schedule to run in a half marathon in June.  Then life got in the way. I ran the next Monday, but missed my Thursday run.  I took that weekend off with Mother's Day as I treated my wife to a Saturday and part of Sunday Mother's Day extravaganza. I hope she enjoyed it. So I ran again the following Monday and it was tough taking a week off. My breathing was a little more labored and my muscles didn't like being used again after a week off.  However, I got through it. The past 2 Monday's I ran 6 miles each as I won't run the longer distances (8+ miles) until Saturdays. So I missed last Thursday again for some strange reason I really can't remember now and then on Saturday I couldn't make it out because of a Sister's weekend my sweetie went on and I was a little (very little) under the weather. So that brings us to this week.  Monday I started running on the treadmill with renewed vigor and determination to get myself back on track. I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill until my wife got home who told me I should go outside (wasn't that sweet?) and outside I ran another 3.25 miles and I did it in 22-25 minutes. So this Saturday I plan to run the longest I ever have run before which is 10 miles (or more). I hope my legs can keep up as I've taken a longer break than I should have. I'll have to fill you in on how that went next week. Thanks for the well wishes and I gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment